Most of you have probably seen these roses over on my Facebook page, but I’m so in love with them I thought they deserved their own little post here.
I used Martha Stewart’s Coffee Filter Roses pattern and the instructions from EmmaleeElizabeth Design for the most part, and putting each rose together took me about 20 minute, plus overnight drying time.
I made a few small changes to my roses – the biggest being that I used brown (unbleached) filter papers, because they were all I could find. I didn’t get the lovely delicate colours that the roses in those tutorials had, but I like my roses big, bright and brassy!
I also used food dye and water in a spray bottle to colour them – more water means a more subtle colour, and some of these turned out a little more intense that I intended, but I love them all the same.
And one more tip: you can cut petals 5,6,7 and/or 8 out of the top of the filters you cut petals 1,2 and 3 out of – saves more filters for more roses!